EDIT
With Skippy the Skipper, one of the biggest lessons I learned came at the end of our relationship.
There was a lot of miscommunication, a lot of things said that didn’t land the way they were meant to—and some that honestly hurt.
One comment stuck with me:
"I think you thought I enjoyed kissing you more than I actually did."
I don’t share this to be petty or make fun of him. I share it because, in that moment, I was hurt—and confused. I took it to mean I’d been used. Especially since I was the one who initially said no to kissing. I held off because I wanted to build trust first. But eventually, I opened my heart and chose to share that moment with him.
Kissing has always been sacred to me. I don’t give that part of myself away lightly—because I believe those moments are meant for someone I deeply trust, someone I see a future with. So when he said that, I felt ashamed. I felt like I’d misjudged him… and myself. I’d let someone in who maybe didn’t value those moments the same way I did.
Later, we had the chance to reconnect and clear the air. On a phone call, I asked him to clarify what he meant—and to his credit, he did. He explained it wasn’t what I thought, though honestly, his reasoning for what he said still didn’t fully make sense to me. But even if I didn’t get the explanation I wanted, I got the healing and closure I needed.
Here’s what I learned: Not everyone is great at expressing themselves. Sometimes people say things poorly, or we hear them through the lens of our pain. But taking time to ask questions instead of making assumptions can be the difference between resentment and resolution
No comments:
Post a Comment